Mathematics and Statistics Fundamentals Proctored Exam
This exam assesses all concepts, methods and techniques introduced across the four courses within the LSE MicroBachelors program in Mathematics and Statistics Fundamentals:
Mathematics 1: Differential calculus
Mathematics 1: Integral calculus, algebra, and applications
Statistics 1: Introductory statistics, probability and estimation ****
Statistics 1: Statistical methods ****
It is two hours in duration and must be sat under online proctored conditions.
It is the final step towards completing the LSE MicroBachelors program in Statistics Fundamentals and you must pass with a mark of 70% or higher to gain your certificate.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This is the final assessment for the LSE MicroBachelors program in Mathematics and Statistics Fundamentals. Before you take this assessment, you should ensure you have taken and passed each of the four respective courses listed above, have engaged with all the learning materials and fully understood the concepts, methods and techniques introduced.
The following topics are assessed within this exam:
- Functions and graphs
- The derivative
- Curve sketching and optimisation
- Functions of two variables and partial derivatives
- Critical points of two-variable functions
- Profit maximisation
- Constrained optimisation
- Matrices, vectors, and linear equations
- Sequences, series, and financial modelling
- Point and interval estimation
- Hypothesis testing I
- Hypothesis testing II
- Contingency tables and the chi-squared test
- Sampling design and some ideas underlying causation
- Correlation and linear regression
- Mathematical revision and the nature of statistics
- Data visualisation and descriptive statistics
- Probability theory
- The normal distribution and ideas of sampling
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The London School of Economics and Political Science, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199.2
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...