Islamic Finance and Capital Markets
In this economics and finance course, you will learn about different types of Islamic financial markets and their key features and principles.
You will also learn about the challenges of Islamic financial and capital market development.
No previous knowledge is needed, but a basic knowledge of business concepts is advantageous.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Overview of Islamic Finance and Markets
- Fundamentals of Islamic Finance
- Structural Issues in Islamic Equity Markets
- Islamic Investment Funds
Overview of Advanced Islamic Instruments and Markets
- Introduction to Investment Sukuk
- Islamic Financial Markets and Sukuk
- Islamic Inter-Bank Money Market (IIMM)
- Islamic Forward Markets
- Islamic Foreign Exchange Markets
- Derivatives in Islamic Finance
Islamic Capital Market Products
- Choosing Stocks for Islamic Equity Funds
- Growth of Islamic Equity Funds
- Challenges for Islamic Equity Funds
- Islamic Commodity Funds
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS)
- Hedge Funds and Islamic Finance
The Growth of Islamic Financial Markets
- Regulatory and Legislative Framework
- Market Structure and Practices
- The Use of Financial Engineering
- The Role of Training and Interaction in Promoting Growth
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Islamic Development Bank Institute, a partner institute of EdX.
3-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic Islamic finance principles and products, and the types of Islamic financial markets
- The types of Islamic financial instruments available, and the nature of trading
- Advanced Islamic financial instruments
- The nature of Islamic inter-bank money markets, Islamic forward markets, and Islamic foreign exchange markets
- The challenges for Islamic financial markets
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...