IoT System Architecture: Design and Evaluation
This course was created to help learners understand how to design the architecture of IoT systems.
IoT (Internet of Things) systems are inherently distributed, heterogeneous, and complicated, hence designing architecture plays an important role in determining its functionality and quality in the early phase of development. However, designing architecture is not easy, because architects must address a number of system functionalities and quality requirements at the same time.
This course will give you an understanding of the concept of architecture and it will give you an approach to systematically design and evaluate IoT system architecture.
*This course was reorganized based on Smart Systems and Services innovative professional Education (SmartSE) program, which is a series of the education program Waseda University provides in Japanese.
Who should attend?
- Understanding of object-oriented modeling
- Basic knowledge of system design and implementation of software systems
- Experience with system design and implementation of software systems
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Waseda University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to recognize the concept of architecture and its importance in IoT system development
- How to design IoT system architecture according to an architecture design methodology called Attribute-Driven Design (ADD)
- How to evaluate IoT system architecture according to an architecture evaluation methodology called Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM)
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...