Introduction to Java Programming – Part 2
Do you want to become a better problem solver?
This Java course will provide you with a strong understanding of basic Java programming elements and data abstraction using problem representation and the object-oriented framework. As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” This course will use sample objects such as photos or images to illustrate some important concepts to enhance understanding and retention. You will learn to write procedural programs using variables, arrays, control statements, loops, recursion, data abstraction and objects in an integrated development environment.
This course is comprised of two 5-week parts. Part 1 introduces programming fundamentals. Part 2 covers additional advanced topics.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Introduction to Java Programming Part 1 - COMP102.1x is recommended.
- Module 06: Multidimensional Arrays, Simple Sorting
- Module 07: Character String, File I/O
- Module 08:Simple Event Driven Programming
- Module 09: Recursion
- Module 10: Abstract Data Type
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Take a “real-life” problem and abstract out the pertinent aspects necessary to solve it in an algorithmic manner.
- Formulate formal solutions to well-defined problems using the logic of a programming language.
- Implement formal solutions in Java using an integrated development environment.
- Understand the basics of data abstraction using the object-oriented framework.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...