Introduction to Discrete Choice Models
Human behavior is complex and unpredictable. Or is it?
The focus of this course is methods for predicting the behavior using mathematical models. More specifically, we'll explore choice modeling in order to obtain disaggregate demand models.
Focusing on the logit model, the course covers the specification of the model, the estimation of its parameters, the validation process, and its application. Exercises using the software Biogeme are also part of its makeup. The course relies on concrete case studies with real data sets, which are provided in course content.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Statistics (bachelor level), linear regression
- Introduction to behavior modeling
- Theoretical foundations
- Binary choice
- Biogeme: an open-source software for estimating choice models
- Choice with multiple alternatives
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, a partner institute of EdX.
5-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$169
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The behavioral assumptions associated with disaggregate choice models
- The derivation of operational models
- The art of model specification
- The estimation of model parameters from choice data
- The testing of model specifications
- Concrete applications of the estimated models
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...