Introduction to DevSecOps for Managers
"Introduction to DevSecOps for Managers" is being offered at an inflection point in society. It has never been more fundamental in understanding how to not only rapidly deliver software that accomplishes businesses and mission objectives, but to also do so securely. This requires a firm understanding of not only the technology, but the culture and processes as well. The course focuses on providing managers and leaders with the foundational knowledge required to lead digital organizations through their DevSecOps journey and transformation.
This course is designed for any software manager, including those both experienced and new to the field of software development, who is seeking to continuously improve their knowledge. The course was created specifically to serve a wide range of backgrounds, targeting both those with very little prior knowledge of DevSecOps, while also challenging those who have years of experience. No prior technical knowledge is assumed as part of this course, as it is intended to form or improve a foundation for any software leader.
The course starts off by discussing what DevSecOps is and why it is important. It then provides an overview of DevSecOps technologies and principles using a simple-to-follow “Tech like I’m 10” approach. Next, the course covers topics such as value stream management, platform as product, and engineering organization improvement, all driving towards defining Continuous Delivery and explaining why it is so foundational for any organization. The course also focuses on culture, metrics, cybersecurity, and agile contracting.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- DevSecOps Background and Historical Perspective
- Tech Like I’m Ten
- Value Stream Management
- Platform as Product
- Continuous Delivery (CD) Basics
- The Power of Culture
- The Right Metrics
- Agile Contracting
- What’s Next?
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Summarize the business and mission case for WHY DevSecOps is important for any organization
- Get a historical perspective on Agile, Customer Discovery, Value Stream Mapping, DevOps, and DevSecOps
- Get a high level understanding of the technologies and terms required to be a successful manager, such as containers, microservices, kubernetes, service mesh, and many more
- Explain what a value stream is and why it is important to map
- Discuss how organizational structures impact organizational outcomes
- Discuss the importance of treating Platform as a Product
- Understand how to lead continuous organizational improvement
- Understand continuous delivery, its value, and how to implement within any organization
- Discuss the importance of and how to lay a foundation of the right culture
- Discuss the importance of establishing the right metrics
- Understand basic principles within cybersecurity
- Discuss core concepts of Agile Contracting with a specific focus on government contracts
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...