Introduction to DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
As Agile practices started revolutionizing software development, there has been an increasing need to bridge the gap between faster development vs. slower deployment and operational practices. With its modern principles, practices and an array of state-of-the-art automation tools, DevOps provides a path to bring your operations into the Agile manifold, ultimately resulting in faster software delivery, without compromising on quality.
As DevOps processes mature, there is a growing need for professionals with expertise in the key practices and tools. DevOps has not only opened up new opportunities for Operations personnel, but also provides them with a logical career progression. There is also an emergence of Site Reliability Engineering as a specific implementation of DevOps. This course has been designed as a first step in the journey of transforming operations into an all round DevOps expert.
If you are a manager looking for guidelines on how to start transforming organizations, and understand where to start, this course is for you. If you aspire to make a career in the world of DevOps and Site Reliabilty Engineering, this course is your starting point. Upon completion, you should have a good understanding of the foundation, principles, and practices of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Intermediate understanding of Linux systems
- Knowledge of networking concepts, utilities and troubleshooting
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Computer and network security concepts
- Virtualization concepts
- Systems administration and troubleshooting skills
- Introduction to DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
- Infrastructure as a Code
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$169
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How DevOps is influencing software delivery and why it is important for IT operations personnel to skill up with DevOps practices.
- How Cloud Computing has enabled organizations to rapidly build and deploy products and expand capacity.
- How the open container ecosystem, with Kubernetes in the lead, is truly revolutionizing software delivery and what role an Operations Engineer plays in it.
- The why, what and how of writing Infrastructure as a Code.
- The role played by Continuous Integration in software delivery.
- What is Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery and how does a deployment pipeline look like.
- The role played by Observability systems, what to observe and why.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...