Introduction to Cybersecurity
This course serves as an introduction to the exciting field of cybersecurity.
As our daily lives become more and more dependent on Internet-based tools and services, and as those platforms accumulate more of our most sensitive data, the demand grows for experts in the field of cybersecurity.
In this course, you will gain an overview of the cybersecurity landscape as well as national (USA) and international perspectives on the field. We will cover the legal environment that impacts cybersecurity as well as predominant threat actors.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Curiosity and interest in cybersecurity
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Washington, a partner institute of EdX.
2-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define and use key terms and concepts in the field of cybersecurity;
- Identify and distinguish threat actors and their motivations;
- Match appropriate types of controls to the actions of different threat actors;
- Describe the differences and interactions among international agencies related to cybersecurity;
- Describe at least two potential legal challenges to cybersecurity in your country.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...