Introduction to Cloud Computing
This course introduces you to the core concepts of cloud computing. You will gain the foundational knowledge required for understanding cloud computing from both business and practitioner perspectives.
You will learn about the definition and essential characteristics of cloud computing, its history, emerging trends, and the business case for cloud computing. You also learn about the various cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud) and the key components of a cloud architecture (Virtualization, VMs, Storage, Networking, Containers).
The course will also familiarize you with emerging trends associated with cloud including, Hybrid Multicloud, Microservices, Serverless, Cloud Native, DevOps, and Application Modernization. You learn about Cloud Security basics and will be introduced to some case studies and career opportunities related to cloud computing.
This introduction to cloud computing course from IBM is suitable for anyone who is new to Cloud – whether you just want to understand the Cloud jargon, or are intending to start a career in a Cloud related profession.
Who should attend?
Basic computer literacy. No prior knowledge of Cloud Computing or Computer Programming.
Overview of Cloud Computing
- Definition and essential characteristics
- A brief history and evolution of Cloud
- Key cloud service providers and their services
Cloud Adoption and Emerging Technologies
- Business case for Cloud Computing
- Emerging technologies supported by Cloud: AI, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics
Cloud Computing Service and Deployment Models
- Service Models: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Deployment Models: Public, Private, Hybrid
Components of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Infrastructure Overview
- Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal
- Secure Cloud Networks
- Direct Attached
- File Storage
- Block Storage
- Object Storage
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Cloud Native and Emergent Cloud Trends
- Hybrid Multicloud
- Cloud Native
- Application Modernization
Cloud Security, and Career Opportunities
- Cloud Security
- Careers and Opportunities
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Essential characteristics and benefits of Cloud Computing e.g. pay-per-use, etc.
- Key Cloud Service Providers - IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Common cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Components of cloud infrastructure (Regions, Availability Zones, Data Centers, Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal, Networking, and types of cloud storage (Direct Attached / Ephemeral, Persistant - File Storage, Block Storage, Object Storage, etc.)
- Emergent trends in cloud computing - including Hybrid MultiCloud, Containers, Microservices, Serverless, Cloud Native, DevOps, and Application Modernization
- Concepts in cloud security, encryption and monitoring
- Career options, cloud related professions, and their required skills
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...