Intro Course: Spreadsheets and StatisticsSpreadsheet proficiency is a superpower. Learn how to use the various functionalities of Google Sheets to manipulate, inspect, and interpret data, separating the noise from what’s actually happening in your data set.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Introduction to Spreadsheets
- The anatomy of a spreadsheet
- Applying basic formatting to data to improve readability
- Manipulating data using rows, columns, and ranges
- Using Formulas and calculations
- Creating charts in Google Sheets and using spreadsheets to communicate insights.
- The importance of data preparation for effective data analysis
- Importing data from different sources
- Working with datasets in Google Sheets
- Raw data characteristics and common issuesData cleaning
- Using pivot tables to summarize data
- Creating dashboards in Google Sheets
- Mean, median, and mode definitions and finding them in Google Sheets
- Visualizing the mean in a chart
- Identifying min, max, and range of a data set
- Methods for inspecting data
- Using and interpreting bar charts, line charts, and histograms
Exploratory Data Analysis
- Identifying patterns of data distribution
- Skew, distribution, and percentilesCalculating variance
- Calculating standard deviation
- Calculating z-score and interpreting it visually
- Creating and interpreting scatterplots
Course delivery details
20-40 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Master the basics of data analysis in Google Sheets with formatting, formulas, calculations, and charts.
- Prepare data by importing from disparate sources and reducing noise with data cleaning tactics.
- Evaluate the quality of your data and how to best use it.
- Utilize out-of-box statistical visualizations to aid in your exploratory data analysis.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...