Instructional Design Course Evaluation & Capstone Project
This the final capstone course in the Instructional Design and Technology MicroMasters program where we delve into evaluation of course design and develop your final capstone project. Evaluation models allow instructional designers to engage in continuous improvement of course design to optimize the student learning environment. During this course we will explore evaluations models, learning management system’s data analytics, and Kirkpatrick’s Levels of evaluation. Finally, you will design, build and publish your capstone project, which is an online learning module.
This is the final course in the Instructional Design and Technology MicroMasters and content builds on the first three courses in the program. It is highly recommended that learners complete the three pre-requisite courses prior to enrolling in IDT 400x.
This course is part of the Instructional Design and Technology MicroMaster’s program from UMGC. Upon completion of the program and receipt of the verified MicroMaster’s certificate, learners may then transition into the full UMGC Master’s Program in Learning Design and Technology. See the MicroMasters program page for more information.
Upcoming start dates
19 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
The program content and course projects are sequential, allowing the learner to build on subsequent work. Completing LDT100x LDT200x, and LDT300x is highly recommended before completing LDT400x coursework. Basic experience in word processing and G Suite and a background in teaching, education, or professional development are helpful but not required.
- Week 1: Design Document and Learning Management Systems (LMS) Choice
- Week 2: Course Goals and Kirkpatric Evaluation Level 1
- Week 3: Course Outcomes and Kirkpatrick Evaluation Level 2
- Week 4: Developing Assessments
- Week 5: Rubrics
- Week 6: Apply LDT100x Principles
- Week 7: Apply LDT200x Principles
- Week 8: Apply LDT300x Principles and MicroLesson Submission
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Maryland Global Campus, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$299
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Define Learning Analytics
- Explain Kirkpatrick’s Assessment Model
- Apply evaluation model to assess and improve course design
- Design and publish an online course as a capstone project
- Reflect on the instructional design cycle
- Explain your philosophy of design
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...