IBM Cloud Essentials
This course introduces you to the IBM Cloud. You will learn about the many offerings and services on IBM Cloud that make it the most open and secure public cloud for developers and enterprises.
The course begins with an introduction to the IBM Cloud platform which covers topics such as data center locations and configuring identity and access management. You will discover the various Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) options available on IBM Cloud. Next, you will learn about the deployment options on IBM Cloud; this includes topics such as Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift. You will also become familiar with IBM Cloud services such as Databases, Artificial Intelligence and Watson, Blockchain, Internet of Things, and many others.
In addition to videos, you will also see demos of various IBM Cloud features and services in action, as well as perform hands-on labs to gain practical experience with IBM Cloud at no charge.
This course is of interest to anyone who wants to be a cloud practitioner and use Cloud skills as developers, architects, system engineers, network specialists, and many other roles. The material also serves the needs of those who perform the tasks of advising, building, moving, and managing cloud solutions. This course is also suitable for learners who want to prepare for IBM Cloud Foundations Certification.
Who should attend?
Introduction to IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud Overview
- Locations, Regions, and Zones
- Account Types and Support Plans
- Billing and Usage
- Cost Estimator
Infrastructure (Compute, Networking, and Storage)
- Virtual Servers and Bare Metal
- Block and File Storage
- Object Storage
- Network Services
- Virtual Private Cloud
- Containers and Kubernetes
- Cloud Foundry
- Cloud Functions
Services on IBM Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Paks
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
5-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After completing this course, a learner will be able to:
- Understand the different infrastructure services available on IBM Cloud.
- Access IBM Cloud using graphical interfaces, command line tools, and APIs.
- Discover appropriate IBM Cloud services available to deliver specific functionality.
- Articulate the different ways IBM Cloud delivers services to developers and operational teams.
- Summarize core groups of available database, integration, analytics, artificial intelligence, and DevOps services.
- Deploy an application on IBM Cloud using a Starter Kit.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...