How to Learn Online
Designed for those who are new to elearning, this course will prepare you with strategies to be a successful online learner.
The edX learning design team has curated some of the most powerful, science-backed techniques which you can start using right away and on any learning platform.
This course will help you answer the following questions:
- How do I take notes during live or recorded instruction? What’s the difference?
- What’s the point of discussions and how should I participate in them to get the most value?
- What can I do if I have trouble concentrating or lack time to complete assignments?
- What is the ideal study environment?
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Welcome - We start with opportunities to meet your instructors and fellow learners.
- Self-care for Learning - In this module, we then explore baseline self-care strategies that will help you maintain a healthy mind for effective online learning, the connections between memory and learning, and the importance of sleep.
- Space, Time, and Technology - In this module we address the challenges involved with creating a space for learning, including managing your technology. We also cover techniques for time management and keeping a routine.
- Learning Strategies - This module will help you get the most out your online learning experience. We cover effective study strategies and practices, making plans and setting priorities, and practicing self-regulation skills.
- Communication and Community - In this module, we talk about the importance of social learning. We cover strategies for communication, collaborating, and building connections with your instructors and fellow learners.
- What's Next? - Get started learning online!
Course delivery details
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Self-care techniques that will help you maintain a healthy mind for effective online learning.
- Time management with the help of some common technology.
- Key learning strategies backed by research from edX partners.
- Build strong connections with fellow learners and your instructors.
- Setup your work area in order to focus and be a successful online learner.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...