How to Learn OnlineedX
How to Learn Online
All available course dates
How to Learn Online
Designed for those who are new to elearning, this course will prepare you with strategies to be a successful online learner.
The edX learning design team has curated some of the most powerful, science-backed techniques which you can start using right away and on any learning platform.
This course will help you answer the following questions:
- How do I take notes during live or recorded instruction? What’s the difference?
- What’s the point of discussions and how should I participate in them to get the most value?
- What can I do if I have trouble concentrating or lack time to complete assignments?
- What is the ideal study environment?
Who should attend?
- Welcome - We start with opportunities to meet your instructors and fellow learners.
- Self-care for Learning - In this module, we then explore baseline self-care strategies that will help you maintain a healthy mind for effective online learning, the connections between memory and learning, and the importance of sleep.
- Space, Time, and Technology - In this module we address the challenges involved with creating a space for learning, including managing your technology. We also cover techniques for time management and keeping a routine.
- Learning Strategies - This module will help you get the most out your online learning experience. We cover effective study strategies and practices, making plans and setting priorities, and practicing self-regulation skills.
- Communication and Community - In this module, we talk about the importance of social learning. We cover strategies for communication, collaborating, and building connections with your instructors and fellow learners.
- What's Next? - Get started learning online!
Course delivery details
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Self-care techniques that will help you maintain a healthy mind for effective online learning.
- Time management with the help of some common technology.
- Key learning strategies backed by research from edX partners.
- Build strong connections with fellow learners and your instructors.
- Setup your work area in order to focus and be a successful online learner.
Solutions for Your Biggest Business Challenges:
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team