Instructional Design for e-Learning - Live Online
This workshop will provide you with a sound instructional design process for designing performance-based asynchronous e-learning, regardless of which authoring tool you use. You’ll learn how to select presentation and application methods that will engage your learners and increase retention, which type of e-learning interaction is most effective for each method, how to use one of three storyboarding options to capture the details of your course design, and so much more!
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
Who should attend?
For anyone who must design or evaluate e-learning, work with e-learning vendors, manage instructional designers, or make decisions about asynchronous e-learning.
- Determine project constraints.
- Plan an e-learning project.
- Determine course content.
- Write performance-based objectives.
- Determine the course structure.
- Determine practice.
- Select presentation, application, and feedback methods.
- Select media to support methods.
- Design methods and media.
- Develop the course.
- Validate the course.
- Evaluate the course.
What you will learn
- How to plan a successful e-learning project.
- How to determine specific design constraints affecting e-learning.
- How to estimate design time.
- A step-by-step instructional design process.
- How to target e-learning to your audience.
- How to determine course content.
- How to build job relevance into e-learning.
- How to determine whether e-learning is the right training strategy for each task.
- How to write course objectives that guarantee learner success.
- 5 sequencing methods that help determine the course structure.
- Criteria for establishing an effective implementation strategy.
- A Course Plan worksheet to help you document the high-level plans for the course.
- Criteria for additional course components that may be required for your course.
- How to design performance-based tests for e-learning.
- 12 comprehensive method description sheets for creating interactive presentation and application.
- Guidelines for creating 7 different types of quiz questions.
- How to select the most effective instructional methods for e-learning.
- How to provide tangible feedback to learners.
- How to select the best media options for each presentation and application method.
- How to select which tools/features to use with each media option.
- 3 different storyboard options to capture your design decisions.
- A detailed worksheet to help you capture all critical design details.
- Over 50 tips for applying adult learning principles to e-learning.
- Guidelines for working effectively with subject-matter experts.
- How to prevent rework by getting SME approval on design plans before development takes place.
- Essential guidelines for developing e-learning requirements.
- Tips for creating a highly functional user interface.
- Valuable tips for conducting a design prototype session.
- 3 proven techniques to test your e-learning courses.
- 30 criteria to validate your e-learning design.
- A simple form for gathering insightful feedback about the course design.
- How to evaluate the 4 outcomes of e-learning.
- 50 possible items to include in an evaluation.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
Average rating 5
I have not experienced a more useful training workshop. The methods and templates used to help guide me through the learning process were invaluable, and I feel a thousand perce...
Langevin continues to provide excellent training for trainers. Their content and delivery model the best practices for effective training.
Langevin is a great space to enhance learning strategies and reignite my passion for what I do. Thank you.
Contact this provider
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...