Healthcare Analytics and Decision Making
Health Informatics Technology (HIT) deals with the acquisition, storage and retrieval of data and is central in addressing the challenges of safety, quality, effectiveness and efficiency in a healthcare system. Proper management of dynamic data, such as electronic healthcare records, can enable a new approach for clinical workflow, evidence-based decision making and team-based care to improve overall public health. Gain an understanding of how healthcare informatics is deployed in diverse healthcare systems around the world.
In addition, leaders and administrators in the healthcare industry must have a basic understanding of healthcare finance, risk, legal and regulatory issues in order to navigate and change the system. Managing risk is one of the primary responsibilities of a leader. This requires a basic understanding of the financial health and regulatory constraints one operates within to anticipate and address changing dynamics.
This course will focus on a combination of technology management and and finance to help you articulate innovative approaches to managing costs and improving access, quality and safety. In the end, you will learn how to assess the fiscal status of a healthcare organization through sophisticated technology.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a healthcare related field
- Basic understanding of economics and finance
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$299
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Understand the concepts around Health Informatics and how it affects Public and Population Health.
- Compare how Health Informatics is being used around the world in healthcare systems .
- Use informatics to evaluate current healthcare practices.
- Discuss emerging trends in health informatics.
- How to evaluate the relevance of economics in all aspects of healthcare.
- How to analyze economic concepts and models as they apply to healthcare.
- How to identify the diverse aspects of healthcare financing.
- How to assess economic problems in order to develop and implement economic policy.
- How to evaluate the economic advantages and policy options of healthcare market reform.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...