Essentials of Lifestyle Medicine and Population Health
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500
Many global healthcare systems are broken and lack the fundamental components of a system making them costly with poor outcomes. In order to address these challenges and create a sustainable healthcare delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, equity, effectiveness and cost, the next generation of healthcare leaders must be able to know and apply the principles of Population Health.
This course will cover the foundations of population health and lifestyle medicine, define the essential components, and make the argument for why healthcare delivery models based on these foundational principles are essential to addressing global healthcare crises. Given the current employer-based health insurance system, the business case for addressing workforce health will also be made.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a healthcare related field
- Basic understanding of economics and finance
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Define the concept and components of population health.
- Recognize the need for a population health approach to health care education, delivery and policy.
- Discuss the integration of the four pillars of population health.
- Describe the economic effect of preventable health conditions.
- Recognize that scientific and economic data support the business case for improving workforce health.
- Identify how workforce health has an effect on an organization.
- Identify the roles of the health plan, purchaser, consultant, and specialty vendors in workforce health improvement.
- Identify proven strategies to promote good health and increase employee engagement.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...