Diploma in Marine Insurance
Our Marine Insurance Course Will Deepen Your Knowledge of All the Vital Areas of the Industry
Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the legal and operational principles of marine insurance
Upcoming start dates
22 October, 2024
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Insurance professionals
- Professionals involved in shipping, banking and legal industries alike
- Introduction to Marine Insurance Law and Markets
- Formation of Marine Insurance Contracts
- The Utmost Good Faith in Marine Insurance Law
- The Legal Nature of Terms and Coverage under Marine Policies
- Hull and Machinery Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- P & I Insurance and Practice
- Insurance Cover for Emerging Marine Risks
- Claiming Under a Marine Policy
- Subrogation, Contribution and Rights of Third Parties in Marine Insurance
- Case Study
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Explain the identity of the parties, the subject matter of the insurance, and the perils insured and excluded.
- Discuss the nature and origins of the duty of utmost good faith in insurance law.
- State the legal nature of terms (warranties, condition precedents and suspensory provisions).
- Explain the terms incorporated into the contract to protect against risk alteration during the currency of the policy.
- Define standard terms used for insuring cargo carried by sea.
- Discuss the structure and composition of P&I Clubs.
- Identify and discuss emerging risks for the marine sector (i.e. cyber risks and piracy).
- Examine legal issues surrounding submission of a claim under a marine insurance policy.
- Evaluate the doctrine of contribution between insurers.
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...