Certificate in Marine Surveying
An Introduction to Regulatory and Survey Practices
Develop your understanding of marine surveying – for maritime professionals and potential surveyors.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
- Introduction to Marine Surveying
- Survey Organisations/ Statutory Bodies and the Roles which they Perform
- The Responsibilities of the Survey Companies, Surveyors, Owners and Crew
- Shoreside Surveys, Onboard Surveys and Surveys in Dry Dock
- Survey Types and How to Prepare for Them
- Ensuring Safety During Surveys
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The background to the marine surveying industry
- The role of the survey organisations and the statutory bodies (regulatory bodies, class societies, etc) in marine surveying and why these are important for the marine surveyor.
- The responsibilities of the various parties involved in marine surveying activity; from the ship owner to the surveyor, the interaction between the surveyor and other parties, and how to avoid transfer of responsibility.
- The differences between surveying a vessel in different locations and in different conditions.
- How to prepare for the different types of survey, including Classification and Statutory surveys in their various guises.
- How do surveyors ensure that the survey is safe, and that it remains safe throughout its duration?
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...