Growth & Development through the Life Span
A study of human development from the prenatal period through death. Using a Biopsychosocial framework the lifespan is explored with explicit consideration to cognitive, emotional, and socio-cultural development. Students who successfully complete the course will demonstrate their understanding of how physical, psychological, and social factors influence development; the research techniques used to study development; and the practical applications of lifespan development to intended profession.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Identify core differences between life stages, prenatal through death.
- Explain cognitive, emotional, and social development in relation to life stages.
- Distinguish the psychological, social, or physical factors that may impact an individual's development.
- Synthesize how various theories have influenced the development of lifespan research.
- Apply how lifespan development is related to the student’s profession.
- Evaluate current research in the field and analytical methods used to gather data.
- Assess whether proper classification was utilized during the case study analysis and be able to offer suggestions for future research.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
8-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...