Grant Writing and Crowdfunding for Public Libraries
This course, part of the Public Library Management Professional Certificate program, explores strategies for developing effective grant proposals and for engaging the community in crowdfunding campaigns.
In this course, you will mock up a crowdfunding campaign and create a grant proposal for a local or state-level funding source.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Access to a public library
Weekly themes tentatively scheduled to include:
- Reviewing grant criteria and sponsors
- Building a team and a vision
- Assembling a grant proposal
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Michigan, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to read a grant application and understand what organizations are looking for
- How to keep a file of go-to grant writing materials
- Strategies for crafting a strong grant proposal
- Crowdfunding stories and strategies
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...