Government Finance Statistics
Finally, the course shows how to use GFS to evaluate the impact of government activities on a country's economy.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The International Monetary Fund, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts, definitions, and accounting principles in the integrated GFS framework.
- Classify basic government flows and stock positions according to GFSM 2014.
- Apply the general principles to classify an entity in the public sector and in relevant subsectors, such as the general government and public corporations.
- Record the fiscal flows and stocks associated with the activities of public sector entities, following the GFSM 2014 guidelines and classifications.
- Explain how the main GFS aggregates and analytical balances are calculated, and what they show about the government’s impact on the economy.
- Develop a migration plan to adopt the GFSM 2014 methodology, and compile and disseminate GFS following international guidelines.
- Recognize the value of comprehensive, consistent, and internationally comparable GFS, and the use of the key GFS indicators in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of fiscal policy.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...