Cabinet and its committees—of which the Treasury Board is one—provide the forum in which Ministers make decisions on government policy and initiatives. At the front end of decision-making, a Memorandum to Cabinet is the main vehicle for reviewing options and advancing new policies, initiatives and government priorities. Downstream, a Treasury Board Submission is required when a department or agency needs approval or authority from the Treasury Board to access new funding or proceed with an initiative it would not otherwise be able to undertake.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider for more information.
- North America
Who should attend?
- MCs and TB Subs in the context of the branches of government, the Cabinet committee system, and the Expenditure Management System
- Overview of policy analysis
- The Cabinet document system
- Understanding the audience(s)
- Roles of Central Agencies and departments
- When and why MCs and TB Subs are required
- Deconstructing an MC—content and processes
- Deconstructing a TB Sub—content and processes
- Deliverology and results-based management
- Keys for successful MC and TB Sub writing
- Strategies and tips for navigating the process
Course delivery details
Lecturettes, discussion, video, and case study.
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...