FutureWorkX: A 21st Century Workplace Lab
It shouldn’t be surprising to observe that we live in a rapidly changing world requiring rapidly changing skills, if we are to happily exist in our professional and social environments. The very definition of work has changed, for many of us significantly in our lifetimes! The idea of a single job - or even a single career – that is sustained throughout our working life has been almost completely superseded but the need to navigate conditions of change, uncertainty and lifelong learning. These settings define workplaces in the 21st century.
This course – FutureWorkx – sets out to help navigate these interesting settings, drawing on the recent ground-breaking frameworks developed by global bodies such as the United Nations (UN), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Economic Forum (WEF).
FutureWorkx synthesises these frameworks into a cohesive program of awareness building that culminates in you crafting your own distinct and inherently unique workplace identity. This identity statement allows you to give evidence of your competencies, literacies and attributes as these are utilised in current thinking. Armed with your statements of competency and the evidence you draw on to support them, you can map out your workskills development plan, to serve as a checklist of your pursuit of new skills to serve your work direction and your quest for lifelong learning.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Queensland, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
The workplace laboratory will allow you to learn:
- How our value in the workplace can be clustered into competencies ( comprising skills, knowledge, attitudes and abilities) across a range of categories that align with our experience and learning so far
- How to embed a lifelong learning stance into our own development, to benefit ourselves and those we work alongside
- Leveraging emerging technologies by partnering with the learning institutions we have access to, towards continuing improvement of our workskills for the workplaces we target
- Prepare a workplace identity statement that articulates and evidences our competencies, literacies and attributes as these align with the values of sustaining and sustainable workplace practice
- Craft a personal workskills development action plan that maps our focal learning paths as we seek to strengthen our working inputs
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...