Facing Racism and Emotional Tax in the Workplace
A long history of systemic discrimination, unfair policies, mistreatment, and bias against marginalized racial and ethnic groups have led to a global reckoning on race and racism in countries across the globe. Drawing on research and practitioner insights, we have come together to share personal stories and knowledge to bring to life inclusion frameworks and concepts. Through this course, you will explore the concepts of racism, intersectionality, and “Emotional Tax” and their impact on marginalized racial and ethnic groups in and outside of work. Emotional Tax—being on guard to protect against bias because of race, ethnicity, and gender and experiencing the associated effects on well-being and ability to thrive at work—is often acutely painful. Develop inclusive leadership skills, foundational insights, points of self-reflection, and an action plan to take initial steps to address exclusion and unfair treatment in the workplace and beyond.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Introduction to Facing Racism in the Workplace / Exploring our Identities
- Why Does Anti-Racism Matter / Introducing the Concepts
- Understanding Emotional Tax: Research and Experiences
- Anti-Racism through Empathy and Allyship / Action Planning
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Catalyst, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Begin reflecting on aspects of your identity, including your racial and ethnic identity, and the lived experiences you bring to work.
- Explore what anti-racism and intersectionality mean and how they play a role in workplaces and society.
- Understand what Emotional Tax is, and its impact on marginalized racial and ethnic groups.
- Identify actions you can take to address racial inequities in your workplace and community.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...