English@work: Basic Interview Skills
Based on advice from accomplished professionals in the business, HR and academic field, we have created a course that helps you build a solid foundation to succeed in job interviews and get that ultimate call.
This course will change the way you prepare for and perform in job interviews.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
English@Work: Cover Letters
There are seven units in this course:
Six Steps to Interview Success
Four Strategies to Stand Out
Mistakes to Avoid
Vocabulary: Hard and Soft Skills
Four Steps to Structuring an Impressive Answer
Expressing Opinions and Delaying Answers
In order to get a certificate, you need to complete the assessment components and achieve a 50% passing score. The two assessments are both located in the Assessment section:
Assessment Recording Grading 50%
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
1-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$68
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, Audit track learners will be able to:
- achieve interview success in six steps
- stand out from the crowd using four strategies
- avoid common mistakes
- highlight soft and hard skills using appropriate vocabulary and expressions
- structure impressive answers using four steps
- express opinions and delaying answers effectively
Learners on the Verified track will be able to:
- identify effective and ineffective answers
- access instructor feedback and comments
- evaluate their own answers
- watch full length interview videos with industry professionals
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...