Engineering for Your Classroom 4–9
Studies show that over 70% of future jobs will require STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills. Engineering activities provide students with a robust learning experience that will allow them to design, make, collaborate, inquire, and solve real-word problems in hands-on tasks and experiences. Welcome to the Engineering for Your Classroom (EFYC) online course for educators! This course is designed primarily for grades 4–9 educators including classroom teachers, teacher candidates and administrators, but can be useful for anyone who wants to gain knowledge about teaching STEM. It is open to all levels, from beginners to professionals. The course aims to provide educators with the necessary knowledge, skills and resources to incorporate engineering into the classroom or other educational settings.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of British Columbia, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$15
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Become familiar with engineering through interactive lessons and activities
- Become more comfortable and confident incorporating engineering in your classroom
- Inspire engineering thinking in learners through collaborative and stimulating hands-on activities
- Create online and in-person STEM activities using materials around you
- Find relevant resources that can be incorporated into your curriculum through STEM activities
- Incorporate general strategies for evaluating engineering activities
- Understand common key terms that come up throughout the course
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...