Documentary Film! New Trends, New Formats / Documentary! New Trends, New Formats
The videos will be in Spanish or English. Subtitles will be offered in both languages. The activities will be carried out in both languages.
*Videos will be in English or Spanish. Transcripts in both languages will be provided. __The assessments will be in both languages.
This course presents the new trends and formats of contemporary audiovisual documentary, paying special attention to the most innovative practices in an interactive, transmedia and multiplatform context. It includes an approach to the fundamental genres and authors, and has the participation of professionals from the sector, documentalists and academics.
Through videos, infographics, animations and timelines and a wide repertoire of resources and complementary materials, the aim is to offer students creative and effective keys at the present time.
This course features new trends and formats in contemporary documentary film with a focus on innovative works in an interactive and multi-platform environment. It includes an overview of essential authors and genres, as well as the contribution of national and international scholars, professionals of the field and documentary makers.
The learning experience is enhanced with videos, slideshows, infographics and timelines, to provide the learner with an interactive, reflective and entertaining experience.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
This MOOC consists of the following modules:
- The documentary is in fashion.
- Flashback: Introduction to the history of the documentary.
- Web documentary: Reinvention of the documentary on the Internet.
- Cyberactivism and political documentary in the viral ecosystem.
- F for Fake or fake document at the pace of social networking.
- Popular documentary: Nature, culture, history, science.
- Creation documentary in times of crowdfunding.
- Brand-Documentary: New advertising strategies.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Acquire a global perspective on the documentary and its evolution
- Familiarize yourself with the main topics of debate around the documentary
- Recognize the different documentary genres and styles
- Know the new trends and formats of the documentary
- Identify the main elements of the documentary narrative
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...