Developing Cloud Native Applications
Knowledge and practice of Cloud Native methodologies and tools is a must for modern software development lifecycle whether you are starting your career in Cloud Development or upskilling your programming knowledge.
In this course you will get and overview and grounding in Cloud Native application development and DevOps practices. You will become familiar with tools and services for continuous delivery and deployment of applications on Cloud.
This course contains several hands-on labs that will enable you to practice what you learn with Cloud based tools and services in a no-charge IBM Cloud account.
You will also understand how REST APIs work and their JSON data format. Moreover, you’ll interact with examples of using REST APIs with IBM Watson AI services. And as a modern developer, you will utilize a Web IDE and Git to create and manage your code.
Furthermore, you will create and deploy a Node.js application on public cloud, that uses REST APIs to store and access data in a NoSQL Cloudant database.
Who should attend?
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and terminology
- Basic literacy in Cloud Application Development
Introduction to Cloud Native
Cloud Native Overview
Getting Started with IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud Overview
- Building in the IBM Cloud
- Creating and Managing an IBM Cloud Application
- Managing Your IBM Cloud Users and Resources
IBM Cloud CLI and Tools
- Introduction to Node.js
- Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- IBM Cloud Developer Tools for Visual Studio Code
DevOps on IBM Cloud
- Overview of IBM Cloud Continuous Delivery
- Web IDE (Edit Code)
- Source Code Management (Git Repo) and Issue Tracker
- Build and Deploy Automated Delivery Pipeline
REST Architecture and Watson APIs
- Introduction to Representational State Transfer (REST)
- Using REST APIs with Watson AI Services
Introduction to Data Services in IBM Cloud
- Overview of Database Services in IBM Cloud
- Getting Started with IBM Cloudant
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Describe Cloud Native and DevOps concepts and methodologies
- Understand how containers and kubernetes drive cloud native application development
- Build and Deploy code to IBM Cloud using DevOps tools and services
- Create a Node.js application on Cloud
- Utilize REST APIs in your app to store and retrieve data in a NoSQL Cloudant Database
- Create a Git repository to manage your source code
- Describe the characteristics of REST APIs
- Explain the advantages of the JSON data format
- View and edit code using a Web IDE
- Access your IBM Cloud account and services using CLI and Web UI
- Identify and navigate DevOps, AI, and Database services in IBM Cloud
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...