Creating and Sustaining an Innovation Culture
Go beyond just an individual new product, service and/or business model initiative to build a culture of innovation.
This course will help you identify the organizational barriers to innovation and provide you with the tools to assess your innovation readiness. You will learn new skills, capabilities and strategies that will help you to drive innovation in your team or organization. Through case studies and interactive exercises, you will develop skills in creating organizational cultures and structures that support innovation, build capacity and resources in your team and organization for innovation and examine your role as an innovation leader who empowers champions of innovation.
The course concludes by discussing the importance of ensuring that innovation is purposeful and that it creates economic and social value.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- General knowledge of business processes (recommended)
- Innovation capacity and capability
- Innovation enablers and barriers
- Building innovation capability in individuals
- Institutional entrepreneurship
- Innovating lean
- Structuring for innovation
- Culture as strategic advantage
- Leading creative, problem-solving teams
- Innovation leadership for a changing world
- Vertical leadership development
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Queensland, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The components required to build innovation as a capability,
- How to set innovation strategy and build capacity and resources for innovation,
- Barriers to innovation/innovation readiness,
- How to manage organizational change resulting from innovation,
- Designing and managing organizational structures, cultures and leadership for innovation,
- How to ensure innovation is value based.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...