Cloud Computing for Enterprises
Organizations are increasingly moving their critical information and assets to the cloud. Understand the technology, best practices, and economics of cloud computing, and the rewards and risks of this rush to the cloud.
In this course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, you will learn the essentials of cloud computing, including Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Platform As A Service (PaaS), Software As A Service (SaaS), and other "X as a service" platforms.
You will explore how the cloud can support businesses by increasing productivity and effectiveness.
This course is part of the Cloud Computing MicroMaster’s program from UMGC. Upon completion of the program and receipt of the verified MicroMaster’s certificate, learners may then transition into the full UMGC Master’s Program in Cloud Computing Architecture. See the MicroMasters program page for more information.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Basic understanding of computer networking
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Maryland Global Campus, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$299
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Investigate various cloud computing technologies and providers including public, private and hybrid clouds
- Analyze the applications of cloud technologies to business
- Develop strategies to enhance organizational effectiveness using cloud technologies
- Evaluate the cost benefits of cloud adoption
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...