Building Microservice Platforms with TARS
This course is an introduction to microservices and the TARS framework for beginners. TARS is a new generation distributed microservice applications framework designed to support multiple programming languages, including C++, Golang, Java, Node.js, PHP, and Python, which allows developers and enterprises to quickly build stable and reliable applications that run at scale.
This course will show you why more and more developers and companies have chosen TARS to build their services. It is designed for engineers working in microservices, as well enterprise managers interested in exploring internal technical architectures, especially working for digital transmission in the traditional industry. In addition, anyone interested in software architecture will benefit from this course.
You will learn how to efficiently develop microservices programs using different programming languages and quickly deploy the corresponding services into applications. Upon completion, you will wield a powerful skill for understanding microservices architecture and should be able to quickly build stable and reliable applications based on TARS.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Basic knowledge of the Linux Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Basic knowledge of database technology like MySQL
- Basic programming knowledge based on one or more mainstream languages, such as C++, Golang, PHP, etc.
- Optional: Basic knowledge of container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Introduction to Microservices and TARS
- TARS Environment Setup
- Fundamentals of TARS
- Hello World (Build your first service in TARS)
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Explain the concepts of monolith, microservices, service mesh and serverless, and understand how their differences translate into the different approaches for software development.
- Describe the components and characteristics of the TARS framework.
- Install and operate TARS in Docker, Kubernetes, or from source code.
- Create a microservices application using the TARS framework.
- Maintain or scale up microservices applications in TARS.
- Understand the features that make TARS a preferred solution for enterprises across different industries.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...