AWS IoT: Developing and Deploying an Internet of Things
There are billions of devices in homes, factories, oil wells, hospitals, cars, and thousands of other places. With the proliferation of devices, you increasingly need solutions to connect them, and collect, store, and analyze device data. AWS IoT provides broad and deep functionality, spanning the edge to the cloud, so you can build IoT solutions for virtually any use case across a wide range of devices.
This course will introduce you to the Internet of Things and then explore Amazon Web Services’ IoT services, and then expert instructors will dive deep into topics such as the device gateway, device management, the device registry, and shadows. They will also discuss security features and implications, core and edge computing capabilities and benefits, and the use of HTTP and MQTT as communications protocols. Lastly, they will discuss the integration of IoT solutions with analytics tools, which will allow you to analyze the IoT data being collected by your fleet of devices.
This course will provide a combination of video-based lectures, demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises, run in your own AWS account, that will allow you to build, deploy and manage your own IoT solution.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Prior application development experience
- Experience with the AWS Console
- Recommended: AWS Developer Professional Series (Building on AWS, Deploying on AWS, Optimizing on AWS)
Introduction to IoT
- Introduction to IoT on AWS
- Introduction to course project
- AWS IoT Core
- IoT Device Registry
Introduction to Rules, Shadows, APIs and SDKs
- IoT Rules
- IoT Device Shadows
- Using the AWS APIs and SDKs with IoT
Communications, security, and compute at the edge
- IoT communications protocols
- Compute at the edge
- AWS Greengrass
Deeplens and Analytics
- AWS DeepLens
- AWS IoT Analytics
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Amazon Web Services, a partner institute of EdX.
2-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What the Internet of Things is and how it works
- How to deploy IoT devices that are integrated with services such as AWS IoT Core,
- AWS IoT Device Management, and AWS IoT Analytics
- Use the AWS IoT APIs and SDKs.
- How to collect, process and analyze data from IoT devices in theCloud
- How to use AWS IoT Greengrass to process and analyze data at the edge
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...