AWS: Getting Started with Cloud Security
Data security is on the forefront of everyone’s mind these days, with data breaches, denial of service attacks, ransomware and malware being common news stories.
In this course two of Amazon Web Services’ Solutions Architects will provide you with a foundational understanding of cloud security, compliance and the AWS shared responsibility model. They will then discuss more technical content by looking at various security controls such as identity and access management services, directory services, network isolation and connectivity options, auditing, monitoring, encryption and managing secrets.
This course will cover a number of AWS services, such as Amazon VPC, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon GuardDuty, AWS Security Hub, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2, and AWS Secrets Manager, among others.
Several demonstrations are provided throughout the course to provide a practical example of the concepts that have been discussed. Class discussions will provide an opportunity for you to interact with fellow students as well as AWS training staff.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Introduction to Week 1
- The AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Creating an Account
- Multiple Accounts
- Identity & Access Services (part 1)
- Identity & Access Services (part 2)
- Introduction to Week 2
- Network Isolation
- Network Isolation with VPC
- VPC Endpoint and Private Link
- Detective Controls
- Monitoring CloudWatch and CloudWatch Logs
- Monitoring Guard Duty and Security Hub
- Demo: AWS Config
- Introduction to Week 3
- Data Types
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Databse Encryption
- Amazon S3
- EBS Encryption
- Demo: Cross Acount Access to S3
- Introduction to Week 4
- Protecting Compute Resources
- Protecting the Endpoint
- Managing Secrets
- Demo: AWS Secrets Manager
- The Well-Architected Tool
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Amazon Web Services, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How the AWS Shared Responsibility Model is used to differentiate between security of the cloud and security in the cloud
- How to use network isolation to protect cloud resources
- How to audit and monitor applications using services such as Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon GuardDuty and AWSSecurity Hub
- The difference between encryptionof data at rest and data in transit
- How to protect compute resources
- How to manage secrets
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...