AP® Psychology - Course 4: How Behavior Works
This psychology course is all about how behavior works. You will learn the theories of motivation, hunger, eating, the obesity epidemic, and sexual behavior. We will also examine theories of emotion and observe how developmental psychologists study phenomena across a lifespan.
We will explore cognitive development, the history of intelligence and testing, and the relationship between creativity and mental illness. The course concludes with in-depth coverage of the fields of personality psychology and social psychology.
This course includes video-based lectures and demonstrations, interviews with real research psychologists and a plethora of practice questions to help prepare you for that AP® Psychology exam.
This is the fourth in a six-course AP® Psychology sequence designed to prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- AP® Psychology - Course 1: What is Psychology
- AP® Psychology - Course 2: How the Brain Works
- AP® Psychology - Course 3: How the Mind Works
- AP® Psychology - Course 5: Health and Behavior
- AP® Psychology - Course 6: Exam Preparation & Review
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of British Columbia, a partner institute of EdX.
8-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- theories of motivation and several motivated behaviors, such as hunger and eating and sexual behavior
- theories of emotion, the expression of emotion and the physiological bases of emotion
- developmental psychology, including coverage of emotional development, cognitive development, motor development, and personality development
- psychological testing and the history of intelligence testing, as well as creativity and the relationship between mental illness and creativity
- the fields of personality psychology and social psychology
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...