An Introduction to Data-Driven Supply Chain Resilience Management
Globalization, off-shoring and the just in time paradigm have created vulnerable supply chains that are suffering from unprecedented shocks like COVID-19 and increasing disruptions from climate change. The "chip-crisis" cost the automotive industry alone more than 200 billion in revenues and the low water in Germany is costing the industry hundreds of millions.
This course is designed for students and practitioners to gain an understanding of some theoretical background of supply chain resilience as well as practical measures to prepare their companies for supply chain disruptions. The course describes data-driven or AI-based concepts for supply chain resilience management.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Basic understanding of how a supply chain functions
- Basic understanding of risk management is a benefit
- Interest in the topic
Week 1: Basics of Supply Chain Resilience:
- What are disruptions
- Two dimensions to understand a disruption
- Why is it difficult to plan ahead for disruptions
- Definition of supply chain resilience
* The 4 phases of resilience
- Week 2: Resilience measures:
- Key resilience capabilities
- What are typical resilience measures?
- What measures are applied in the real world?
- How do measures differ by industry?
- The example of Ericsson
- SPAICER and their use cases
- Week 3: Measurement of resilience:
- Why is measurement of resilience important?
- The zone of balanced resilience
- How to measure resilience in different ways?
- Current research in SCRES measurement
- Introducing 3 different resilience indices (Capability-driven, simulation-based and vulnerability-based)
- How can AI help in measuring resilience?
- Week 4: Continuous resilience management:
- Introduction to the resilience management framework
- The zone of balanced resilience as the goal of resilience management
- Resilient management in companies
- The week in the life of a resilience manager
- How can effective resilience management mitigate damage from disruptions?
- Quantitative and qualitative benefits?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through RWTH Aachen University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Core concepts of supply chain resilience
- How to measure supply chain resilience
- How to improve supply chain resilience
- How to manage resilience in a company
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...