AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
This course is not about difficult algorithms and complex programming; it is a course for anyone interested in learning about the benefits and implications of AI when applied in practical settings.
But is AI really suitable for all types of organizations? In this course we use concrete examples to illustrate how AI can be of value in both private as well as public organizations – no matter how large or small, simple or complex they may be.
As one example we look at the Dutch National Police where the use of AI systems and techniques has helped remove the burden of routine administrative and operational tasks. AI helps in handling and processing large amounts of data, improves intake processes and investigation workflows and eases communication within the police and also deals with wider potential transparency and privacy issues.
As part of our two-course program ‘AI in Practice’, this course will prepare you for the integration of AI in your organization by understanding what it can achieve and recognizing the potential implications, including compliance and ethical considerations.
In the course we present a variety of case studies from public organizations, top Dutch universities and private enterprises in the financial, retail and publishing sectors such as ING, Ahold Delhaize and Elsevier.
Who should attend?
Some prior experience with a programming language (e.g. Python, Java) is recommended but not required.
The course is built from five main topics on AI in Practice:
- Multimodal Machine Learning and Image Analysis - the National Police Lab AI (National Police and University of Amsterdam) and AI for Scientific Discovery in Publishing - the Discovery Lab (Elsevier and Vrije Universiteit).
- Exploiting Structure in Deep Learning - Delta Lab (Bosch and University of Amsterdam) and a Bonus Track on Questions for Data Scientists in Software Engineering (AI for FinTech Research).
- Thematic Track on Compliance & Ethics of AI - a variety of labs (University of Twente, Vrije Universiteit, ING, and Dutch National Police).
- AI Applications in FinTech - the AI for FinTech Research (ING and Delft University of Technology).
- Robotics - the AIRLab Delft (Ahold Delhaize and Delft University of Technology).
In each module of this course each topic is explained from the perspective of a selection of guest lecturers from ICAI labs, working in industry or academia.
This course is designed for people who want to apply AI in their own practical situation. This applies to managers who want to know what AI can do for their companies, data analysts and consultants who want to understand how AI can be applied in their business processes, or students who want to understand how the results of AI research can be translated into practical applications.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing AI in organizations, in terms of context, problems, research approach and results.
- Identify the implications of implementing AI in terms of improvement strategies for organizations in industry, academia and education.
- Understand the aspects of AI compliance and ethics and their significance for your own organization.
- Write about the implications of AI for industry, academia, education, or compliance and ethics.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...