EMI's Energy Trading Fundamentals
Taught by leading energy experts, this in-depth course is filled with tips, techniques and insight that only 30 years of energy trading experience can bring.
In two dynamic, information-packed days, you’ll develop a solid foundation in energy trading as you examine all of the instruments, tools and techniques available to the energy trader today. You’ll explore the nuances and quirks specific to the energy markets, understand the risks and rewards across sectors and develop a macro view designed to improve your timing and help you develop a successful trading program!
This course is worth 12 CPE credits and 6 EMI credits.
Topics covered during this course include:
- The basics and fundamentals of energy trading.
- The vocabulary of trading.
- The what, why, how & who of trading.
- Energy market structure.
- Market participants.
- The intertwined relationship of fundamentals and futures.
- Technical & fundamental analysis; how and when to combine the two.
- Market behavior.
- System development & testing.
- All about CME NYMEX & ICE.
- Real time trading examples for all products in the energy infrastructure using the various technical tools & techniques.
- What the various energy trading instruments, tools & techniques are and what is encompassed in the profession of energy trading.
- How all of the tools & techniques work.
- How these tools can be applied to the development of a successful trading program.
Contact this provider
Experience hands-on, interactive and exciting programs that set the standard in energy education. DTN's energy training is the most efficient, effective way to improve your energy industry knowledge and skills. You’ll learn from recognized industry experts who deliver forward-thinking instruction...