Certificate of Project Management
Become a valued project manager in any industry, whatever your title may be with the Certificate of Project Management. Develop a thorough understanding and practical application of the tools every project manager needs to ensure successful project planning from start to finish. Improve your time management and project management skills for successful project delivery. This program incorporates exercises to demonstrate real-world application and the role of decision-making in the project management process. The project management concepts and terms taught in this program are based on PMI’s PMBOK® Guide.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend?
Davenport University’s Certificate of Project Management is for anyone who plays a role in moving a project from start to finish, including, but not limited to: business owners, project managers, project planners, estimators, team leaders, and managers. This program is for any professional looking to improve project management skills.
- Defining Projects and Project Management
- Role of the Project Manager
- The Benefits of Projects
- A Project’s Life Cycle
- Preparing Your Project
- Laying Out the Project
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling Techniques
- Preparing the Final Plan and Making it Fit
- The Execution Phase
- Managing Team Meetings
- Controlling Changes
- Closing out a Project
Course delivery details
This course is offered in a live-virtual format, in-person at one of our Davenport University campuses, or onsite in a corporate/custom format.
$895, includes all course materials
Certification / Credits
Credits: 1.3 CEUs
Credits: 13 PDCs
Credits: 14 PDUs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the major phases of a project and project management best practices
- Create a project vision and project goals considering elements that will influence success
- Utilize essential project management tools, including budget, final plan, and statement of work
- Identify project tasks, resources, and potential project risks
- Effectively create and utilize a Work Breakdown Sheet
- Utilize a change control process that applies to any project
- Identify the ‘who, when, why, what, and how’ of your project communications
- Complete necessary closing tasks associated with projects
- Evaluate results to apply lessons learned and project management best practices to future projects
Successful completion of this program results in PDUs from the Project Management Institute PMI®.
Why choose IPEx?
With over 150 years of innovative experience in leading-academic thought, Davenport brings the real world of business into each class.
Having strategically partnered with hundreds of businesses and organizations over the last 25 years, Davenport University’s IPEx has the experience to help organizations meet goals and achieve their vision of success.
From Michigan to Malaysia, as well as India, Canada, China, Australia, Brazil and beyond, IPEx has a global presence where learning happens with our international participants.
Contact this provider
Davenport University's Institute for Professional Excellence
Grow through professional development delivered the IPEx way — with an eye on your time and your budget. Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence (IPEx) offers professional development courses focused on topics with real-world relevance, aimed at making you more...
Top 10 Awards
Davenport University is aPMI® Authorized Training Partner. Which means, we have highly qualified and PMI® approved trainers to help you improve your project management skills.