Collaboration Skills for High Performance
This course provides a team development process that facilitates the development of a new team or the revitalization of an existing team. Project managers and team members must be able to successfully collaborate in a team environment without positional authority and deal with different priorities, difficult behaviors, and team challenges. Whether you are working with a co-located or virtual team, you will rapidly increase your team’s effectiveness with the use of these best practices, team tools, and collaboration skills.
This two-day course will familiarize participants with tools, techniques, and strategies that successfully foster a collaborative team environment and help them effectively respond to any conflict that may arise during a project life cycle. Participants will gain confidence and expertise in contributing to and motivating a productive, high-performing team.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include: new and experienced project managers, team members, and individuals who wish to become better collaborators in team environments.
- Gain familiarity with the seven factors project teams need to produce results.
- Develop an accountability model and understand the importance of the cycle approach to accountability.
- Learn collaboration best practices, including behaviors, values, and mindset to work collaboratively.
- Practice virtual and co-located meeting effectiveness.
- Develop tools and strategies for any type of meeting.
- Use teamwork tools used to align individuals and project teams with the organization.
- Develop team communication strategies and skills for clear communications, decision making, and positive interactions with all stakeholders.
- Learn a structured and creative problem-solving process that utilizes the team to overcome obstacles and reach project goals.
- Develop approaches and models for constructive conflict management.
- Recognize the four cores of trust and the ability to develop trusting relationships.
Module 1: Set the Foundation
- Goals, Roles, Process
- Agenda and Ground Rules
- Collaboration Requirements
- Communication Plan
- Key Relationships
- Exercise: Team Collaboration
Module 2: Guidelines for Interactions
- Six Principles
- Relationship Success Factors
- Understand and Value Difference
- Communication Process
- Breaking Communication Barriers
Module 3: Difficult Conversations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Management
- Conversations and the Brain
- Balance of Advocacy and Inquiry
- Exercise: Use the Difficult Conversation Steps
- Cycle of Accountability
Module 4: Meeting Effectiveness
- Meeting Best Practices
- Remote Meetings
- Managing Meetings Before, During, and After
- Communicate for Engagement
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Managing Conflict
- Prevention and Intervention Techniques
- Exercise: Situation – Outcome – Solution
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...