Building Strong Relationships
Building productive relationships with partners and establishing yourself as a trusted colleague is critical to effective business relationship management. The goal of this course is to enhance your ability to build empathy and leverage it to grow and sustain strong relationships at work.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include project managers, program managers, business relationship managers, functional managers, leaders, team members, and individual contributors who want to develop their relationship skills and better connect and communicate with those they need to influence.
Module 1: The Business Case for Trust
- Class Activity: The Keys to Building Strong Relationships
- Google’s Project Aristotle – What Makes the Perfect Team?
- Psychological Safety
- Group Activity: Balancing the Trust Equation
- Video: Stephen M.R. Covey – The Speed of Trust
- How to Build Trust Among Stakeholders
- Credibility Self-Assessment
- Characteristics of High Trust
Module 2: Trust and Empathy
- Definition of Empathy
- Workplace Empathy
- Video: Dr. Brene Brown – Empathy
Module 3: Building Relationships Using Emotional Intelligence
- Daniel Goleman’s Five Components of Empathy
- Four Domains of Emotional Intelligence
- Active Listening – Verbal and Nonverbal Components
- Paired Activity: Practicing Active Listening
Summary and Next Steps
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Certification / Credits
- Describe why trust is important to your relationships at work, and define ways to build trust and foster connection.
- Assess your credibility and build self-awareness.
- Define empathy and describe its function in the business environment and importance in building relationships.
- Define the five components of emotional intelligence and how to use each to strengthen your business relationships.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...