Leading Remote Teams Through Influence: Building Relationships and Getting Results Across Boundaries
For some time, organizations have been in a state of rapid structural change. Virtual teams often spread across the globe, are commonplace. Building and supporting virtual teams of culturally diverse, high-performing individuals presents many new challenges to leaders. Building global and virtual teams require the same communication skills and leadership qualities to be high-performing as do co-located teams. They also require additional or alternative processes and leadership skills to be most effective.
When working with others remotely, you need to be especially skillful and flexible in the way you influence others. You need effective influence skills to help you build the relationships necessary to get positive results with others on your team and those with whom your team interacts, regardless of your positional power. Great influence skills moves your ideas into action by stimulating others to support, allow, provide resources for, or participate actively in your initiatives.
Leading Remote Teams Through Influence™ provides you with processes, techniques, and tools to create and maintain trusting, motivated, high-performing teams. You will learn and apply a set of powerful influence skills that will enhance your team building and team leadership and membership capabilities. This program offers team leaders and members the skills to succeed, especially when working across boundaries of time, distance, and culture.
The influence behaviors and skills are drawn from Exercising Influence™, our popular influence training program, and tailored for the unique needs of those who lead remote teams.
This program is offered in three formats. It can be taken as a two- or three part webinar, an onsite program brought to your company in either one or two days, or as a public program. Contact Barnes and Conti Associates to find out which of these options is best for you.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for information
Inquire for information
Who should attend?
Leaders and members of teams, whether virtual or co-located, who depend on influence, communication, and collaboration to get their work done.
Introduction and Definitions
- Introduction and clarification of key concepts regarding teams and teamwork
- Exploration of factors that make a team"world-class"
- Benchmark team exercise
World-class Team Model Introduction
- Review of high-performing teams model including characteristics and skills associated with each element
- Application to benchmark exercise
World-class Team Elements
- In-depth exploration of specific elements
- Skill practice using applicable tools and behaviors
- Content is real work defined by the team or organization
- Tools, skills, and processes for leading co-located or virtual teams
Virtual Team Leadership
- Special application for leading virtual teams
Special Issues for Global Teams
- Exploration of cultural differences and implications for global teams
- An experiential exercise that allows participants to experience all the elements of a world-class team performance
Introduction to the Tool Kit
- A review of tools for leading co-located or virtual teams
Applications and Next Steps
- Follow-up steps for developing high performing teams.
Course delivery details
This workshop can be delivered either in a traditional classroom setting, typically over one or two days for up to 24 participants, or as an interactive Virtual Learning Journey over the course of two or three 2.5 - 3.5 hour sessions. Both include prework, live sessions with skill practice, discussion and feedback, fieldwork and resources for continuous learning and reinforcement. The Learning Journey can be customized to meet the needs and business objectives of your organization.
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price
Contact this provider
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...