Fundamentals of Strategic Planning
Here's an overview of strategic planning for those not directly involved in the planning process, but who want to understand the impact of strategy on their work and their organization's success. Gain a perspective and vocabulary for strategic planning to help you actively and constructively support your firm's strategic direction.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what strategy and strategic planning mean to an organization
- Learn key concepts and the language used by those involved in strategic planning
- Discover various approaches companies use to develop strategy
- Find out how strategy moves from concept through implementation to realization
- Recognize techniques companies use to assess their current and future environments
- Identify specific ways you can contribute to your organization's strategic success
Who should attend?
Managers and supervisors who want to expand their strategic planning skills and management perspective and anyone who must communicate with managers and leaders involved in the creation and implementation of strategy.
- What strategy and strategic planning really mean
- How strategy creates value for customers and stakeholders
- How companies develop strategy: seven strategic planning processes
- The strategic planning process in action: five stages of a classic approach
- Assessing the environments
- Three Ds of strategy: discussion, decision, development
- Implementing strategy: how strategy cascades through the organization
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2695
- AMA Members: $2395
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.2, PDU: 12, CPE: 14
Average rating 4.9
Joseph was great! Found a way to engage everyone. Seamlessly connected lessons to our professions/previous discussions. Easy to follow & engaging speaker!
Great course, learned a lot!
Learned a lot - would have loved to be able to take it in person (people are just more disengaged virtually).
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...