In this hands-on seminar, you'll delve into the critical components of forecasting and build forecasts that help power the operations, finance, production, and planning functions in your organization.
You'll master the key components and skills to create forecasts and learn to translate and appraise the forecasts of others. In addition, you'll understand how to interpret the meaning of any forecast, whether it's your own company's or that of the competition. Whether you're new or seasoned in forecasting and in need of a briskly paced refresher, this seminar will help you see into—and planyour company's future!
How You Will Benefit
- Gather the basic facts necessary to start building a forecast
- Learn limitations—what forecasts can and cannot do
- Choose the proper forecasting technique given available data and forecast goals
- Critique and interpret forecasts and their implications
- Utilize powerful MS Excel® tools—with uses transferable to other disciplines
- Master and use regression tools to make better forecasts
- Use Excel® tools to present forecast data to executive management
Upcoming start dates
13 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Any financial professional who needs to create, maintain and improve the forecasting process at their company, as well as professionals in any function who must interpret, analyze and make decisions based on forecasts created by others.
- Introduction to business forecasting
- Basic statistical techniques
- Forecasting techniques and methods
- Getting started: Making underlying assumptions
- Identifying data patterns: Exploratory analysis concepts
- Time series and their components
- The use of Excel® as your forecasting tool
- Forecasting performance measurements
- Simple and multivariate linear regression
- Summarizing and displaying data in Excel®
- New directions in financial forecasting
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2695
- AMA Members: $2395
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.8, PDU: 18, CPE: 21
Average rating 4.5
It was a good class. Lauri discussed the topics, gave examples and kept us engaged. She answered any queries asked and ensured we understood. Given size of class, it allowed for...
A ton of great information. Very fast paced. Sometimes difficult to keep up.
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...