AMA's Finance Workshop for Non-Financial Executives
Get a complete financial education in just four days and be prepared to make more powerful, informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level, this comprehensive program covers all the principles of corporate finance.
Through the effective use of actual case studies and annual reports of major U.S. public companies, you’ll come away better equipped to speak and interact intelligently with finance colleagues make more informed business decisions analyze financial statements with new clarity know the workings of the financial markets and understand that the core purpose of your firm is to increase shareholder value.
How You Will Benefit
- Become grounded in all the principles of corporate finance
- Reduce the risk of financial errors in managerial decision making
- Learn how accounting and bookkeeping work
- Discover the ins and outs of financial statements and what can and cannot be learned from them
- Understand how budgeting fits into the world of accounting and the primacy of cash flow
- Gain greater insight into all the principles of corporate finance, including interest and ROI
- Find out how a firm allocates its funds to investment opportunities
- Gain the skills that will help you make the right buy/lease decisions
- Learn how to take advantage of cash discounts offered by vendors
- Make more profitable sales by understanding fixed vs. variable costs
- Monitor operating results to achieve long-term financial goals
Upcoming start dates
18 March, 2024
1 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
6 May, 2024
- New York City
3 June, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Experienced managers, general managers, directors, vice presidents and top executives in sales, marketing, production and manufacturing...as well as those in managerial positions (and up) throughout the organization who need a background in the principles of corporate finance.
- Accounting essentials: booking transactions cash and accrual methods assets, liabilities and capital
- Reading annual reports: reading and understanding financial statements SEC requirements forms and meanings of the Auditor's Opinion the importance of footnotes in financial statements
- Seeing your firm from a finance perspective: the organization as an investment tool classes of investors WACC and EVA the importance of cash and flow timing leverage and risk
- Evaluating financial statements: computing financial ratios to assess liquidity, profitability, leverage and risk the DuPont formula...merits and pitfalls of financial ratios
- Operational budgeting: constructing and using budgets avoiding pitfalls budgeting techniques, variances and hierarchies
- Time value of money: computing time value for money and applying the mathematics of compound interest and present value
- Capital budgeting: preparing and using capital budgets applying time value of money using various mathematical techniques
- How financial markets value a business: value models and financial concepts to enhance shareholder value
- Cost analysis, profit planning and exposures to volume/price risks: categorizing costs to make better decisions determining break-even levels of quantity, price and cost understanding "operating leverage"
- Non Members: $2995
- AMA Members: $2695
Certification / Credits
CEU: 2.4, PDU: 24
Average rating 4.8
Overall a good course, Heavy emphasis on financial statements - understanding the calculations and impact
Trainer was very technically competent but some of the material was a bit advanced for nonaccountants.
Miles was an great teacher. Knowledgeable, passionate and relatable. Good mix of class work and real life situation discussion. Miles provided additional excel templates for us ...
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...