AMA's Comprehensive Budgeting Workshop
Your Immediate Take-Aways
- Use and analyze robust budgets
- Use budgeting to help determine strategic direction
Being responsible for the budgeting means you’re playing a vital role in your organization’s future. Your budget enables you to pinpoint critical variables that impact profit so your company can successfully pursue business goals and create value.
In this seminar, you will learn how to work with, develop and present budgets aligned with business strategic goals. Working in groups, you’ll gather the information you need to construct and analyze operating budgets. You’ll practice evaluating and revising your budget to increase its chances of acceptance. This is your opportunity to gain the tools and insights to craft the budget your company needs to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
How You Will Benefit
- Accurately develop an operating budget based on forecasted sales, revenues and costs
- Work with a well-planned budget that clearly highlights crucial variables that impact profit
- Know the line items on the income statement, their metrics and interdependencies
- Develop high-level and alternative strategies to help your company reach specific goals
- Define variances so you can quickly implement changes to meet your company’s financial objectives
- Develop and present a well-thought-out budget that will get buy-in
- Effectively use your budget to provide strategic direction and a blueprint for the upcoming year
Upcoming start dates
1 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
3 June, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Managers and anyone with budget responsibilities who are interested in developing or improving their budget planning skills.
- Overview of the planning and budgeting process
- Understanding the definition, purpose and components of a budget
- Operating budget vs. capital budget
- Relationships and metrics of line items on the income statement and the operating budget
- Specific steps to improve the metrics
- Addressing issues and challenges when dealing with assumptions and targets
- Revising and finalizing the budget
- Organizing and delivering your operating budget for feedback and final approval
- Obtaining tips, guidelines and recommendations for developing and presenting your budget
- Performing a variance analysis and identifying potential sources and causes
- Knowing exactly which variances to address in order to plan for next year’s budget
- Non Members: $2595
- AMA Members: $2345
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.2, PDU: 12
Average rating 4.8
Print outs and file templates were very helpful and the instructor was extremely knowledgeable.
The instructor was engaging and instructional.
I am always impressed by the instructors with AMA, but Augusto Casas was the best yet. Maybe it is a result of a smaller class size, but he is an exceptional teacher. I highly r...
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...