Project Schedule & Cost Management
One of the primary responsibilities of a project manager is to manage a project’s budget and schedule. Success is often measured based on meeting deadlines and delivering the project within financial and schedule constraints.
The PM role today is much more complex, requiring a deeper understanding of stakeholders’ goals, needs, expectations, requirements, and risk tolerance. A project manager must have a holistic perspective and a nuanced understanding of project elements and their interaction with budgets and schedules.
This course will review roles and responsibilities, estimating, how to be a good steward of project resources and how to adapt project scheduling and budgeting efforts to uncertainty with concepts such as rolling-wave planning and agile delivery.
This course is also sometimes known as “Tracking and Forecasting Progress: Budgets, Baselines and Timelines” and “Managing Variances: Cost and Schedule Management Best Practices”.
Course delivery details
Participants will gain the practical skills to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other subject matter experts such as schedulers, financial experts, and others
- Prepare a project budget and schedule
- Use fundamental scheduling techniques such as calculating critical path and float
- Use cost-benefit analysis, earned value and velocity for project decisions and to understand project health
- Appreciate the importance of a sophisticated and nuanced understanding of project objectives
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...