Technical Consulting Skills
Technical consultants are in the business of using their technical expertise, influence and interpersonal skills to facilitate change without having the formal authority to implement their recommended actions. The change solves a problem, improves performance, increases organizational effectiveness, efficiency or profitability, reduces costs, or helps people and organizations learn and apply new skills or processes. In this course participants will learn that success in a technical consulting role is based on the ability to combine technical expertise with well developed interpersonal influence skills, organizational knowledge, financial acumen and self-awareness.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
- Develop credibility and authority as an insider
- Build highly productive working relationships with internal and external managers and 'clients'
- Gain a broader business perspective and speak the high-impact business language of your stakeholders
- Analyse opportunities and threats and choose which opportunities or threats to address
- Analyse needs and design interventions
- Balance internal knowledge with alternative perspectives
- Balance inquiry with advocacy
- Leverage and use both informal and formal organization structure
- Collaborate and build commitment for a change initiative
- Understand the process of change
- Influence and lead others through change
- Influence without direct authority
- Lead from both position and trust
- Manage personal and collective accountability on projects
- Use professional consultancy tools and techniques that really work
Building Strong Business Partnerships Among People and Teams
- Understanding your own consulting style
- Establishing a 50/50 collaborative relationship with a client
- Determining client's expectations and identifying and eliminating obstacles to
meeting those expectations
- Understanding personality, style, and needs in interactions, and developing
interaction strategies that build trust and partnership
Leveraging Expertise and Value
- Making explicit in client interactions how the technical consultant's expertise adds value
- Applying a model for analysing opportunities and threats in order identify
business issues, needs and strategies
- Providing options to meet and solve the business challenge
- Recommending business solutions that are relevant to the client
- Offering targeted solutions that produce business results, not just technical results
Developing Discovery and Feedback Skills:
- Clearly stating what you want from the client
- Asking questions about the client’s own personal role in causing or maintaining the target problem
- Asking questions about what others in the organization are doing to cause or maintain the target problem
- Involving the client in interpreting the data and generating recommendations
Why choose Wronski Associates?
Founded in 1984 - Over 35 years of providing innovative and impactful learning and development solutions.
Long lasting client partnerships - Our top ten client relationships average 14 years and our very first client is still a client 36 years later.
Have delivered instructor-led training in 40+ countries on 6 continents, and online solutions in many, many more.
Contact this provider
Wronski Associates is the trusted partner for academy-minded companies looking to design and deliver innovative learning experiences that will attract, develop and retain their top talent. They work across all functions but have developed a unique expertise in our ability to...