Effective Communications in Project Management - In House
gnoring the external and internal politics surrounding your project can be hazardous. The more power and leadership skills you have, the better you are able to get the job done.
Most project managers have enormous responsibility but not enough formal authority. Successful project managers understand the need to evaluate power and political dynamics and the importance of managing stakeholders through leadership and influence. Effective negotiating combined with good communication skills lead to successful outcomes on a long-term basis.
Analyze the political context in your organizations and learn how to convert your adversaries and opponents into your allies. Uncover ways to manage politics at the project and upper management levels. Understand the principles of team leadership, impact of culture on leadership, communications and teamwork, and develop strategies to improve your leadership skills.
Learn practical strategies to negotiate effectively through effective communications by focusing on interests instead of on positions and generating mutually beneficial options.
You will evaluate, improve and refine your leadership and negotiating skills; and discover methods for increasing your total power and using it effectively to achieve project success.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This 4-day workshop is appropriate for anyone - at all experience levels - who needs to lead projects, manage stakeholders, build relationships, negotiate successfully and work with others to achieve results while minimizing unwanted surprises.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Leadership: Traits and Principles; Team Leadership; Practical Strategies to Enhance your Leadership Skills.
- Project Leadership: Leader versus Manager; Leadership and the Project Life Cycle.
- Power and Influence: Sources of power; Project Manager and Power; Evaluate your power level; Strategies to increase your total power.
- Politics in Project Management: Analyzing your political landscape; Managing politics at the project level and at the upper management level; Managing Project Stakeholders by Enhancing Trust and Agreement.
- Negotiating: Effective methods of negotiating; impact of culture on negotiation.
- Practical Guidelines for Negotiating: communication skills to achieve win/win solutions; focusing on interests, not positions, and generating mutually beneficial options.
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Recognize the role of leader versus manager and how leadership is related to the project life cycle.
- Learn practical techniques to enhance your leadership skills.
- Identify eight forms of power and evaluate strategies to increase total power.
- Identify political behaviors and analyze the political landscape in your organization
- Manage power and politics at the project level and at the upper management level
- Analyze and manage project stakeholders by enhancing trust and agreement
- Identify principles and common methods of negotiation
- Analyze impact of culture on negotiating techniques
- Develop negotiating strategies that focus on interests instead of positions
- Recognize the importance of effective communications to achieve win/win results
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...