A picture is worth a thousand words – or a thousand spreadsheets. In today’s complex business world, where the amount of data is overwhelming, being able to create and communicate through compelling data visualizations is a must-have skill for all business professionals.
For too long data has been trapped behind scripts, wizards, and code. That can change!
This online workshop is a deep dive into the world of data and data visualization. You will learn how to create, analyze, and evaluate large data sets that will enable you to turn mountains of raw data into meaningful stories that inform decisions and drive change. This is a software-heavy class where you will have the opportunity to practice technical skills in Microsoft Power BI, a free software application that lets users visualize data. We look forward to working with you in a hands-on and fast-paced program!
Who should attend?
Business professionals interested in uncovering untapped data in their organization and transforming it into actionable business intelligence.
- Know thy data: Understand your data by recognizing that data must have relationships
- Find the needle in the (data) haystack: Learn how data visualization techniques provide valuable opportunities to discover strategic insights and hidden relationships
- Tell your story with data: Find the compelling narrative along with giving an account of the facts and establishing the connections between them
- BYOD-Bring Your Own Data: Learn how to use and apply Power BI to tell your data story
As a relevant update, we are working with real-time data based on the current health crisis. In one of the modules in this workshop, you will learn to visualize and apply current global case data from John Hopkins University’s Center for Systems Science and EngineeringCovid-19 Dashboard. This is one of the richest and most important data sets available in history. You will learn in real-time how to analyze and apply this information, using Microsoft Power BI.
Course delivery details
The program has 2 format options: non-credit and credit
- The non-credit option is for participants who are not interested in receiving graduate-level credit and are participating for professional development and to update their skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- The credit-graduate-level option is for those interested in receiving graduate credits for their participation. In order to apply, you need to have completed your undergraduate degree and provide us with an unofficial transcript of that degree. These credits and your course grade will be on your official transcript.
Please be aware that there is a mandatory assignment and once the workshop begins you are no longer able to switch your status from for-credit to non-credit.
The program has 2 format options: non-credit and credit.
The non-credit format costs $1,980 (USD), with a 15% discount available for DU Alumni, Daniels Corporate Partners, and 3 or more individuals from the same organization and a 20% discount available for Non-profits, Current or Former Military, Government.
The credit program is equivalent to 2 credit hours, so according to DU’s tuition rate in 2020, the cost is $2,852 (USD).
Certification / Credits
Upon request, Executive Education is pleased to provide a Certificate of Completion for professional development credit for the program completed.
Contact this provider
Daniels College of Business | Inspired by Our Past & Focused on Your Future
Daniels College of Business is the eighth-oldest business school in the country and the most recognized college in the Rocky Mountain West. The College is ranked among the best of the world’s top business schools. We’re proud to be one of the...