Data Wrangling with MongoDB: E-learning from Udacity
Exploring data putting it to work can sometimes feel like a fulltime job! Learn how to pull data from a number of diverse sources and sculpt it into data-driven applications. This e-learning program takes students through data extraction skills, enabling clearer assessment of data quality and supporting best practices for cleaning data.
In addition to overall concepts of data extraction, this program will also introduce students to MongoDB, covering the basics behind storing data and ways that the MongoDB query language can work in cooperation with exploratory analysis.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- extract data stored in common formats (JSON, csv, Excel, XML and more)
- conduct quality audits for data
- store, retrieve and analyze data with MongoDB
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Data Wrangling with MongoDB course is designed for programmers and developers looking to gain skills in data gathering and extraction in support of data-driven applications. It is the ideal program for those currently in entry-level data science positions looking to add big data to their repertoire.
Participants are expected to have programming experience with Python and the ability to conduct rudimentary system administration on Windows or Unix.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
Training topics for this Data Wrangling with MongoDB include:
Data Extraction Fundamentals
- Assessing the Quality of Data
- Intro to Tabular Formats
- Parsing CSV
- Parsing XLS with XLRD
- Intro to JSON
- Using Web APIs
Data in More Complex Formats
- Intro to XML
- XML Design Principles
- Parsing XML
- Web Scraping
- Parsing HTML
- What is Data Cleaning?
- Sources of Dirty Data
- Measuring Data Quality
- A Blueprint for Cleaning
- Auditing Validity
- Auditing Accuracy
- Auditing Completeness
- Auditing Consistency
- Auditing Uniformity
Working with MongoDB
- Data Modelling in MongoDB
- Introduction to PyMongo
- Field Queries
- Projection Queries
- Getting Data into MongoDB
- Using mongoimport
- Operators like $gt, $lt, $exists, $regex
- Querying Arrays and using $in and $all Operators
- Changing entries: $update, $set, $unset
- Examples of Aggregation Framework
- The Aggregation Pipeline
- Aggregation Operators: $match, $project, $unwind, $group
- Multiple Stages Using a Given Operator
Data Wrangling with MongoDB
- Using iterative parsing for large datafiles
- Open Street Map XML Overview
- Exercises around OpenStreetMap data
- Final Project Instructions
It is free to start this Data Wrangling with MongoDB course
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 2 months
2-Week Free Trial: Love it or Leave it
All Udacity courses are offered with a two-week free trial. Learners will have plenty of time to make sure that the program fits their needs. If it's not working out for any reason - user can cancel their subscription fee of charge.